September 29, 2008

Horton Hears A Who! (2008)

It was really lucky for me to work on some of the most spectacular effects in Horton. I worked intensively with R&D and Fur departments to iron out the voxel pipeline for effects. Here are some of my shots.

Flying dandelion seeds is the first voxel effect in the production. Directors want an air bombing quality to how the seeds burst. I developed the technique and animated the seeds being knocked off by the nut.




Horton is running through snow like a locomotive. I worked on the steam puffs from his trunk.


Here Horton becomes a snow blower. I worked on the snow powder coming off his trunk.


The voxel system was originally designed for generating fur on characters, I helped adapted to be used more broadly in effects. Here i made the impact clover debris with it.


I was the sequence lead for this clover sequence. I also developed the technique for populating piles of clovers and designed how they erode away by the wind. Here are the shots i animated.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm feelin' lucky to got a chance to see your works. Nice brain works.

Anonymous said...

You are superb!!
I'm, too, lucky to see your blog!!