April 27, 2007

Ice Age (2002)

At the end of year 2000, I joined Blue Sky for the film Ice Age, my first feature animation. I started out in Lighting dept designing lighting and compositing for shots. Here are some of my shots:


this is a key moment where the whole lighting scheme shifts from a more ambient lighting to a strong golden sun
breaks the horizon lighting. i animated between two sets of lights to achieve the effect.

some other shots from the same sequence:


I used a localize spot light to give the punch of Zeke's scary face at the end of the shot.

There are many comp treatments to make those icicles looked lethal.


During the production, I also helped out fx dept for some of the cool effects in the film, such as falling snow effect:


and snow prints effect:









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.